Sri Om Care operates the Active Lifestyle Centre and provides activities to frail older people, designed to develop, maintain or support the capacity for independent living and social interaction, which are conducted in a day centre setting. Carers, if any, will receive a break from their usual caring relationship
Our respite centres, also known as Social and Wellness Centres offer fun days of planned activities, in the centre and out and about. The service provides socialisation opportunities to seniors as well as an opportunity for their carers to take a respite break.
What’s on offer:
- Visits to interesting destinations – Social Outings
- Dancing & Music therapy
- Indoor Games
- Exercise/ Yoga
- Friendly interest groups
- Socialisation opportunities
- Provision of Transport where needed
Meals and transport
- We provide freshly cooked meals at the centre and ensure everyone’s dietary needs are catered for.
- We provide transport services to eligible clients to and from the centre as required within a designated pick-up area.
We welcome people living with dementia
- Our programs offer tailored activities to suit diverse needs with a special focus on providing meaningful engagement for those living with dementia.
- Our centre environments are comfortable, safe, warm, friendly, and supportive.
- We take a holistic and personalised approach to the support Seniors.
- Our well-trained centre staff can also provide information, support and respite for family carers looking after an older person or a person living with dementia.
Lifestyle Coordinators are qualified in Lifestyle and Leisure. They, along with skilled volunteers, are employed to provide social and leisure activities program. The monthly program is printed and circulated to all participants, individuals as well as the Lifestyle staff present varied and interesting entertainment which is often tailored.
This program provides respite for Carers and is available from Monday to Friday, commencing at 10:00am and finishing at 2:00pm.